International Tax Planning for Private Clients
The UK’s tax regime is complex; however internationally mobile and non-dom taxpayers can qualify for special tax reliefs which may reduce their UK tax exposure significantly.
It is important that you take specialist advice in order to ensure you take full advantage of these opportunities. In nearly all cases, it is better to consider any planning opportunities relevant to your circumstances in advance, in particular before moving to the UK.
We can assist individual with a range of associated UK tax issues including:
- Assessing an individual’s residence and domicile position
- Completion of non-dom tax returns with associated disclosures etc.
- Advising on whether or not to claim the remittance basis in any given year
- Tax advice and reporting for Tier 1 Investor Visa and Entrepreneurial migrants
- Overseas workday relief claims for those moving to work in the UK
- Detached duty relief claims for expats seconded to work in the UK
- Structuring offshore assets and bank accounts to maximise the benefit of non-dom status
- Pre-arrival planning for non-doms moving to the UK
- Planning for tax-efficient remittance of funds to the UK
- Business Investment Relief for non-doms
- Analysing the implications of monies which have been remitted to the UK
- Offshore company and trust planning
- Inheritance tax and excluded property trust planning
- Tax treaty and dual residence planning and reporting
- Structuring for UK property investments
- Advice on the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (“ATED”) and related Capital Gains Tax ("CGT") applies in certain cases when an asset is sold for more than it was originally purchased. The taxable gain (profit) may be triggered following the transfer of an asset, although commonly this would follow a sale. A number of tax reliefs are available to exempt or reduce the tax that may apply. Basic tax planning may...
- Tax reporting for non-resident landlords with UK property interests
- Capital gains tax for non-residents
We work on a fixed fee basis and will always agree fees in advance once the scope of the advice and/or compliance requirements has been agreed with a client.
Our private client teams are led by Jamie Favell, who has a wealth of experience in private client tax matters.
We would be pleased to arrange an initial free introductory telephone call with a view to assessing your tax position and agreeing the next steps with regards providing formal detailed advice and/or assistance with your tax return preparation.
Please email Jamie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 (0) 20 8037 1100.