Capital Gains Tax for Non-Residents

  1. Home
  2. »
  3. Capital Gains Tax for Non-Residents

UK Capital Gains Tax Planning and Advice

We advise clients on how to manage their UK capital gains tax position.

Individuals and other entities who are not resident in the UK are generally exempt from capital gains tax (CGT) on gains made on the disposal of their UK assets. However, since 6 April 2015, gains made by non-residents on the disposal of UK residential property will become chargeable to UK CGT.

We provide clear and concise capital gains tax advice to include:

• potential capital gains tax exposure on the sale of UK residential property,
• availability of reliefs to mitigate your UK capital gains tax liability i.e. main residence exemption,
• the interaction of the extended capital gain tax charge with the annual tax on enveloped dwellings,
• meeting UK reporting obligations for the capital gain through self-assessment or on a stand alone basis.

Our Fees

We work on a fixed fee basis and will always agree fees in advance once the scope of the advice and/or compliance requirements has been agreed with a client.

Your Contacts

Our private client teams are led byJamie Favell and Sophia Passingham, both of whom have a wealth of experience in private client tax matters.

We would be pleased to arrange an initial free introductory telephone call with a view to assessing your tax position and agreeing the next steps with regards providing formal detailed advice and/or assistance with your tax return preparation.

Please email Jamie and Sophia at [email protected] or call them on +44 (0) 20 8037 1100.