Based in London Liverpool Street and within minutes of Shoreditch, Tax Advisory Partnership is a leading provider of accountancy, tax and advisory services to the sports, creative and media entertainment sector.
Our sport clients include Formula 1 drivers, ‘Open’ golf champions, ‘top ten’ tennis players, world title fight boxers and major marathon winners.
Our TV and Film clients include A-list actors and celebrities, production companies, freelance workers (film, TV and production) and writers.
Our music clients include chart topping bands, freelance/gigging musicians and artist management.
Whether you are an established name or new talent in your chosen field our team of advisers can work with you to ensure your wealth and finances are protected now and that you are prepared for the future. We offer a discreet service working with clients and alongside other professional advisers to ensure a coherent approach is taken to meet your goals.
Our aim is to ensure you can pursue your career as freely as possible, without the burden of managing your finances.
The services we offer include:
- Preparation of statutory accounts and financial statements and bookkeeping
- Personal tax advice for individual designers, entertainers, celebrities and artists
- Residence and Domicile issues
- UK and International tax compliance
- Contractual negotiations
- Outsourced payroll services
- VAT advice and planning, including the flat rate scheme
- Research and Development Tax Relief
- Startups and owner-managed businesses
- Management of banking relationships
Please contact us to discuss how we can assist you or your client.
UK Tax Issues for Non-Resident Sports and Entertainment Professionals
If you, or your client, are a non-resident sports and entertainment professional appearing in the UK, depending on your circumstances you may have a requirement to file a UK Tax Return or your earnings may be subject to UK withholding tax of 20%, often referred to as FEU tax, as the withholding is administered by the Foreign Entertainers Unit of Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HM Revenue and Customs or HMRC) is a non-ministerial department of the UK Government responsible for the collection of taxes, the payment of some forms of state support and the administration of other regulatory regimes including the national minimum wage.... More.
The services we offer include:
- UK and international tax compliance;
- Preparation and submission of FEU Advance Tax Clearances – to mitigate exposure to 20% withholding tax or to offer certainty over your final UK tax liability. Please see our case study;
- Managing, negotiating and settling enquiries raised by the Foreign Entertainers Unit;
- Claims for Double Tax Relief and Tax Treaty Exemptions;
- Accounts and bookkeeping;
- Contractual negotiations and UK tax implications.
A detailed report on the UK tax issues faced by Foreign Entertainers can be found here.
A summary of our specific experience in assisting professional golf, tennis, motor racing and athletic stars appearing in the UK can be found here.
Please contact us to speak to a specialist adviser on the UK tax regime for sportsmen and entertainers.