Corporate Tax Consultant
Tom has 20 years’ experience working as a solicitor at a Magic circle law firm and then as an Executive Director at one of the Big 4.
He currently works as a tax consultant providing technical support to the TAP corporate tax team on client matters as well as helping the firm take tax technical developments of interest to TAP’s clients to market.
Tom is regarded as a subject matter expert on a range of corporate tax issues right across different sectors. A few examples of matters on which he has advised area:
• group reorganisations both inside and outside the UK;
• financings (including structured bank lending and securitisations);
• private equity acquisitions and disposals;
• public M&A;
• the tax audit position of complex tax planning arrangements;
• large scale tax settlement negotiations;
• the taxation of crypto currencies issuances.
He also has a particular specialism in advising financial services businesses on international tax planning matters. He prides himself on his ability to quickly spot commercial opportunities arising out of tax technical change.
Away from the office Tom enjoys watching boxing matches, exploring the Middle East and being tormented by his personal trainer.
Telephone: 020 8037 1041